The boardroom has long been a bastion of human experience...
10 Questions to Ask a Managing Director in an Interview
As an interviewer, you want to ask the right questions to assess the interviewee’s skills, experience, and fit for the role. The following managing director interview questions are food for thought for the type of questions you may want to ask a managing director candidate to help you gain valuable insights into the interviewee’s qualifications and aspirations.
1. Can you walk me through your career path and what led you to become a Managing Director?
This question gives you an understanding of the interviewee’s career trajectory and what motivates them. It also helps you assess their leadership experience and how they have risen through the ranks.
2. What have been your biggest successes and biggest challenges in your career as a Managing Director so far?
This question helps you identify the interviewee’s strengths and areas for growth. It also sheds light on their approach to problem-solving and their ability to handle challenges effectively.
3. How would you define your management philosophy and how do you feel it motivates and inspires your team members?
This question assesses the interviewee’s leadership style and how they foster a positive work environment. It also helps you understand their ability to build strong relationships and motivate their team to achieve their goals.
4. How do you set and achieve goals for yourself and your team?
This question evaluates the interviewee’s ability to set goals and track progress towards achieving them. It also assesses their ability to delegate tasks and motivate their team to work towards shared objectives.
5. Give me an example of a difficult situation you have faced in the 12 months and how did you deal with it?
This question assesses the interviewee’s ability to handle difficult situations and resolve issues professionally. It also evaluates their communication skills and ability to maintain a positive work environment.
6. How do you stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies?
This question assesses the interviewee’s commitment to self-learning and continuous improvement. It also evaluates their ability to adapt to changing market conditions and embrace new technologies.
7. What are your thoughts on diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace?
This question assesses the interviewee’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. It also evaluates their ability to foster a culture of respect and understanding for all employees.
8. How do you envision the company growing and evolving in the next five years if you were to be successful?
This question helps you assess the interviewee’s strategic thinking and vision for the company’s future. It also evaluates their ability to align their leadership with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
9. What is your main motivation for considering this role in particular?
This question helps you determine the interviewee’s expectations and motives for pursuing the position.
10. Do you have any questions for me or about the company?
This question allows the interviewee to demonstrate their interest in the role and the company. It also allows them to clarify any questions they may have.
This post has been published by the CJPI Insights Editorial Team, compiling the best insights and research from our experts.